Monday, March 8, 2010

I just wanna be a rockstar

So, as part of our anniversary we wanted to do something different than just dinner and an evening out. So, for $40 bucks and a tank of gas, we went to go see Everclear play at the Knitting Factory in Spokane. it's a great little place, we saw 311 there 5 years ago and it's not too big, not too small. Just great.

2/19/2010
Got there shortly after doors opened. When we bought the tickets, we had no idea who the opening band (or bands as it turned out) was going to be. The funniest thing is, you see them walking around before the show and you can almost pick out who is probably in the opening band. James correctly guessed 2 of them from the first band. I easily figured one of the guys from the second opening band, because I have a hard time believing that anyone would walk around like that if they weren't in a band.

The first band was Portrait of a Gentleman.

They were ok. I just felt really old. I don't get a lot of the emo screamo crap. And that's what they were. They did have enthusiasm though.

The second opening band was London Get Down. Again, emo screamo stuff.

They had enthusiasm too. But damn were they weird. The lead singer pulled out a camcorder at one point and was filming us. Kind of a weirdo. Then there was this guy, who I have dubbed...

Gay Pete Wentz

That's all I can think of when I see him. They were ok, but not my cup of tea. I'm just far too excited for Everclear to really worry about these guys.
That, and I almost punched a fan boy, who was SCREAMING for the drummer the entire set. He almost got punched in he face. Most annoying part of the entire show.

While they set up for Everclear, James decided to be silly.



No, I'm not bending down. I'm standing straight up.

Finally...

YAY!

And it was a fantastic show. They played a LOT of fantastic songs, and it was a really great show. We got to hear:
  • So Much for the Afterglow (best show to start a concert with BTW)
  • Father of Mine
  • Heroin Girl
  • Amphetamine
  • You Make Me Feel Like A Whore
  • Portland Rain
  • Song from an American Movie Pt 1 (acoustic)
  • Strawberry (acoustic)
  • White Men in Black Suits
  • AM Radio
  • Volvo Driving Soccer Mom
  • Wonderful
  • Santa Monica

ENCORE:
  • Everything to Everyone
  • I Will Buy You a New Life


Acoustic Art.

Guitar/Bass sammich.

It was a fantastic show. They were totally awesome and on their game. Then, oh, greatness happened after the awesome show.
We hung around afterwards, met some really weird kid who was maybe 19, talked with a lisp and was obsessed with Everclear. Nice kid, just kinda weird. So, we waited in line and finally we were able to meet Art. He came out and signed autographs, took pictures, and just talked with anyone who hung around to see him afterwards. He was a really nice guy, a really quiet guy, and just was happy to see everyone back there.

Art and I.

James and Art.

Signed tickets!!


Great show, Lots of fun. Wonderful way to spend the evening. We drove back to Walla Walla after the show, and man it was foggy as hell on the last hour of the drive back. You would think we'd learn and stay overnight, but no, driving back is A-OK with me. James is the best person to take to a concert. He is heads above everyone (literally) and takes a LOT of photos. And he gets lots of good ones. I had 98 photos from this show that were interesting, but I didn't want to bombard everyone with all 98 of them.
So, if you really want to see them, check here: Everclear show 2/19/2010

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of James & your head, hahahaha it's my favorite. I love your autographed tickest, how cool!!

    ReplyDelete