Monday, March 29, 2010

Three Eleven... Three Three Eleven

First off, I've been horribly slacking on my blogging. I've been meaning to write this one EVER SINCE IT HAPPENED. But, sadly, I've been working a lot, and weird hours, and just off having fun with my friends and husband.
311 in Spokane was the second date for our 6 year anniversary. We both have a love for 311, and honestly mine is more insane. So I was SO friggin excited.

3/4/2010:
We went back to the Knitting Factory to see 311. It really is a great place to see them, and any band actually. We arrived at doors opening and I made sure we got as close to the stage as we could. I know it's kind of a mean thing with James being so tall, but this band is my jesus and I want the best photos and experience ever.



The opening band. THE OPENING BAND. Holy cow. I don't think I have ever been so impressed with an opening band before. I've seen 311 4 times, and this was by far the best opening band evar. The opening band was called Tomorrows Bad Seeds and they were phenomenal.


They have a really good energy, fantastic music and were really really awesome. I can't say enough good things about them.

Here is Moi. Moi rocks my socks.
Moi!

Here is Patrick. Patrick is the drummer and has awesome hair. Once he friended me on Facebook, he made this his profile photo for a few weeks.
Patty-Cakes

Here is Andre the bass player. He is equally as awesome as Patrick because once he friended me on FB, he made this his profile photo for a few weeks.
Andre!

This is Sean and he plays guitar. I really didn't get to meet him, but he is a great singer too.
Sean

And finally, this is Matt. His hair makes me laugh.
Matty

So they were totally awesome. After their show I had to go over by the merch and shake someones hand I was that moved. Moi was the only one out there, so I grabbed a photo with him.
Moi and me.

Then it seemed like forever before they were finally ready to bring 311 on stage. Then. Awesomeness.
Blinding you with greatness.

And they never stopped once that happened. They played some great older songs and some of my favorite ones off the new album. It was a great great show. There really wasn't much of a pit, though the slight pit we were next to wasn't too bad. I sang until my throat almost gave out and danced like an idiot. I think 50% of the sweat on me wasn't mine. I had to take a shower once we got home. But there were people sweating worse than I was, especially on stage.

SA, Nick and P-Nut

Blur of Nick and awesome.


SA midway through the show, covered in his own sweat.

Chad and his amazing drum kit.


The greatest "drum solo" from Applied Science


The boys having a good time

The super awesome setlist for the evening:
  • Jackpot
  • Sick Tight
  • All Mixed Up
  • Off Beat Bare Ass
  • From Chaos
  • Mix It Up
  • Rub A Dub
  • Taiyed
  • Beautiful Disaster
  • Purpose
  • Applied Science
  • My Stoney Baby
  • India Ink
  • Daisy Cutter
  • Random
  • Amber
  • P-Nut's AWESOME bass solo
  • Nutsymtom
  • Come Original
  • Creatures (For a While)
ENCORE!!
  • Omaha Stylee
  • Down

It was just a great great show. I had a little over 150 photos and I don't want to go crazy here so the rest are here for your enjoyment. Sadly, we didn't get to see 311 after the show. We stood outside for about 10 minutes before one of the guys who worked at The Knit said that they were already done and on their busses. I was kinda sad, I was hoping to get a picture or have them sign the tickets. There is always next time.

OH, and to make the drive home even better, my left headlight burned out just as we got to the Knit and there was no time to go get a new headlight. I had to drive home from Spokane (3 hrs) with one headlight and gnarly fog. We made it in one piece but holy cow, it was tough. And worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, your pcitures are awesome!! That's hot they used your pictures for their FB's=]

    ReplyDelete