First thing I made was Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies. They came out so so yummy. And they were pretty easy. I don't know if I liked the cookie dough part so much. I thought about making them with my own cookie dough but ran out of time.
Before baking.
After baking. Yummy.
Oh man, and they weren't complete without the ganache.
YES!
I have never made ganache before, and it wasn't as hard or scary as I thought it would be.
I also decided to make some Peanut Butter Cookies. I knew that way there would be enough for everyone, because we invited atleast 20 people to the potluck and I had to save some for James.
The cookies were SUPER easy. And I dunno, maybe it's me, but they tasted better after cooling and sitting for atleast 24 hrs. I might try these with a different peanut butter cookie recipe. I like a softer cookie. It also just could be my oven, I think it is acting a little crazy (and that makes me sad).
Cookies!
I strayed a LITTLE from the directions. I didn't think they came out big enough to do enough chocolate and peanuts on both sides. But I didn't want to screw them up. So I just made them half dipped, and that seemed to work out the best. Then there was a safe side for people to pick them up and eat them without getting totally covered in chocolate.
Finished cookies.
I'd make them again, but I love bigger softer cookies. It's probably my dumb oven. I want a new one.
James also got a job and had to go spend a week in Spokane for training. Chase and I missed him a lot. Chase kept laying on his side of the bed, expecting him to come in and kick him off all the time. It didn't happen.
Where is dad? =[
And I missed him and wanted to make him something when he came home. So we just had a nice simple dinner and I made a yummy desert.
♥♥♥
He loves apple pie.James's job is going ok. It's a long long work day and it's physical and tough, but he's surviving. And smelling. Stupid sulfur spraying he does, makes him stink. He's finally found a way around that so that it doesn't take over the house. Chase and I approve. Hopefully here soon the schedule will settle down (he is working 6 days a week) and our lives can stabilize and get into a new routine.
The cookie/brownies & the chocolate dipped pb cookies look bomb fool!! I bet everyone loved them both. That was sweet of you to make the apple pie (I also love love love apple pie), such a good wife ♥ Glad you both are adjusting to the new job
ReplyDelete