Sunday, August 22, 2010

Long time...no post

I just realized that I have been HORRIBLY slacking in the blog department. I started spending all the free time I had working on blankets and projects. I haven't had the time to take pictures of all of them yet, but I did get one done and it is worthy of an entry all on it's own.

When I first started crocheting I spent a lot of time thinking of something to make for James. He had picked out colors for a blanket a while ago, but then that blanket was going to be WAY too time consuming for me to ever do. So I put the idea of his blanket on hold until I found something that I thought that he would like.

Well, that was 4 years ago and he started saying something about not having a blanket. So I decided that I needed to find a pattern for him and make him a blanket for his birthday. I took him out shopping for yarn, and it was a 3 color blanket. I worked and worked and worked to get it done. I actually got it done on time, which made me happy. I was a little worried about getting it done because I had to add on another 12-14 inches to make it long enough for him.

So here is his blanket...all 6 feet of it.



Upclose of the design.

Chase being confused about whose blanket it is.

James being silly.

James, happy with his blanket.


He really liked it and uses it almost everynight. I finally accomplished my goal, making a blanket for James.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the design on this one. I love how you had to add 12-14 inches, hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this stitch pattern - it's great!

    ReplyDelete