I did.
YAY me.
Well they aren't totally chocolate chip. I added some butterscotch chips. And some valentines M&Ms.
Stop me now.
Look at how pretty they look:
Heart shaped cookies

Mmmmmm
Now, onto the recipe.
1 c. butter
3/4 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 c. flour
3/4 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup valentines (red/pink/white) M&Ms
Or, depending on the holiday, whatever kind of M&M's you want.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. With a stand mixer (or a hand mixer if ya feel like it) cream together butter, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture and beat well. Stir in the chips and M&Ms. To get mine in the heart shape, I used my medium sized heart cookie cutter. You can always just drop balls of it on the cookie sheet, but hey, if you want to be super awesome, cookie cutter it is.
Place the cookie cutter on the cookie sheet, and with a cookie dough scoop (I use THIS one) scoop out some dough. Usually one scoop should be just enough for the cookie cutter. Drop it in the middle of the cookie cutter and with your *CLEAN* fingers (Don't eat the dough. Well. Not until another batch is baking. Ahem) spread the dough out to the sides of the cookie cutter. It can be a little sticky, but the cookie cutter should still come up with no problems and leave you with a heart shaped "cookie".
Now I was able to get 6 on each cookie sheet. I spaced them out as you see above because the cookies will spread out a little bit. But after you get the 6 cookies on the sheet, put them in the oven. Now my oven is weird. Really. Weird. I baked these for 6 minutes and they came out PERFECTLY. But I think that my oven tends to run a little on the hotter side. So you can start with 6 minutes and if they don't look done, feel free to add 2 minutes to the baking time.
But my oven is psychotic.
After they are done baking, pull the sheet out of the oven and let the cookies rest on it atleast 2 minutes before you move them to a cooking rack. And viola, the greatest cookies ever. The butterscotch is what makes them so good. Atleast, that's what I think. James does agree with me too. I had to keep him out of them last night so I would have some for my friends and mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment