Now, you can't have a party without an invitation.

I'm keeping this forever with my Dexter DVDs.
There was lots of planning and brainstorming, buying odd supplies and I swear I spent 3 weekends in a row at her house helping with stuff. It. Was. AWESOME.
So, after all of her hard work and planning...I present the Dexter party.
As soon as you entered, off to the right you were greeted with this table of random sayings and photos, plus the DVD's.

My FAVORITE piece, The Code:

Then off on the right she wanted to put up these awesome forensic style blood splatters. I think it took us 3 hours to thread all the yarn, and then getting them tied up to the lamp was it's own ordeal.

I just love the lower one.
And now, you can't have a Dexter party without a killroom. So, here is the entrance to the killroom.
Looking down into the killroom:

Looking from the back of the killroom:
In honor of season 4 we have Harrison...
And Rita's tub. I still kinda miss Rita.On with the rest of the decorations. Morgan made some awesome blood splatter art, and then we have a palm tree. Because it's Miami. Yeah.

And some random blood splatters for the living room...

Oh and you can't forget Benny Gomez (in the boxing bag) and wrapped up body parts ala Ice Truck Killer style.Some more of her awesome decorations.
She has Dex's boat, Slice of Life; the ITK Barbie doll, Trinity's hammer, Vera's ashes, a quote from Jordan Chase, blood vials, and body bags in a punch bowl. Some of my favorite decorations are...
ITK Barbie!And what is a party without food? The food was epic. So, remember that punchbowl with body bags I mentioned earlier? That was for the...
If you didn't want some punch (which was delicious btw) you could always have some...
Drinks aside, she had a pretty good spread. Proof:

We spent hours making these:
There was an attempt to make sugar glass slides. That was a disaster. We don't talk about that anymore.
And yes. We all lived after we ate them. And they were delicious.
We all ate ourselves stupid and watched Season 4 of Dexter. Everything was delicious. And I'm sure we ate way too much of it. Oh, and that big gray thing on the back of the food table...
The victimHow awesome is that?
And she made this awesome garland that hung up over the food table. At first she wanted to use real knives. Jason and I said no. But these cardboard ones are pretty bad ass.

So that was the awesome Dexter party. We all had a lot of fun and ate a lot of food. Morgan did an excellent job putting it together. And she made just about ever decoration herself. It's harder to find serial killer themed party stuff. Can't imagine why. =]












I FINALLY got my post up today =] Dude, I already wanna start working on a new party....
ReplyDelete