Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving week!

Thanksgiving week was a busy one. I worked on my Christmas gifts, and almost sliced off a finger. Ever try making Thanksgiving dinner with a bandaged finger? It's not so fun. I sliced it off making this stack of lovely:
Gifts!

And I had this pile leftover...
All those odd scraps

Rotary cutters are sharp kids. Keep an eye on where your fingers are. It's almost healed now, but it did hurt.

We baked pies on Tuesday for Thanksgiving. I made two, my usual apple pie and a Butterscotch Pie. James found this Cranberry Chess pie he wanted to make, and I'm glad that he did. It was so delicious.
For Thanksgiving I did the usual mashed potatoes, savory turkey gravy, kentucky bourbon sweet potatoes, Cranberry sauce, rolls, The Best Stuffing Ever and of course, Herb Rotisserie Turkey. Everything was delicious. I took photos to prove it.

The spread!

Mash tatos....Mmmmm

Butterflake rolls *drool*

Cranberry sauce!

Boozy sweet potatoes

Stuffing so good your face falls off

Excuse me, there is a HOLE IN MY TURKEY!

Mmmmmm

After dinner we put everything away, did the dishes and played some Uno. We only played 2 hands. That took us about 2 hrs. Here was James during the second hand, not having a good time:
BOO!!

Then we had pie. Lots of pie. We had the 3 pies mentioned above, plus my momma brought Pumpkin Pie, and Lani brought mint chocolate cheesecake and pumpkin cake bars. So good. And Chase even got a Frosty Paws.
DESSERT!

Then we watched Star Trek, and by the time that was over it was late and everyone headed home.

Friday I refused to go shopping, mostly because I already have everything for my gifts. And who wants to be out in all that craziness? We did end up going out way later to pick up a new shower rod and some hooks for this shower curtain that I've had for years. I never put it up. Till last night.

Black and clear squares!

It looks a lot brighter in that bathroom now. It's still the same ugly green color in there, but atleast it's brighter.

Oh...then this morning JoAnn's was having a crazy good sale so I got some fabric for my stash...


Really, I saved a disgusting amount on that. And it's so pretty. Ooooo. And now that Thanksgiving is over, I can finish my Christmas gifts and get them wrapped. I still have a few cookies to make for Earl, and then I can send everything off. I don't know how much decorating for Christmas I will do, I'm not really in the spirit. James is going to be taking his tests on this upcoming Wednesday (30th) and hopefully off to a new job after that. So, it won't be super festive in this house. It's not the end of the world...but it bums me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment