Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Brilliant

Last night the world lost another great comedian, Patrice O'Neal.

❤ ❤ Patrice ❤ ❤

Patrice was brilliant. Hysterical. Fastest mind you'd ever want to go up against. He also had the most infectious laugh. It was hard to not laugh when you heard it.

I never got to meet Patrice or see him live. I wanted to. He always made me laugh, on Opie and Anthony and especially on Tough Crowd. He was loud and in your face. And he was funny. Funny funny FUNNY.

He had a stroke at the end of October. When the news hit, I was sad but hopeful that he would recover and be back to doing what he did so well soon. Then when the news hit this morning, it's like a little bit of the joy left the world. I hate being dramatic, but he was a true gift to the world.

Comedian Jim Norton put up a lot of photos of him and Patrice over the years, and I grabbed a few to share here. I also grabbed some from my friends who knew Patrice and had met him. I only wish I had. Also, a few awful but funny in an inside-joke kinda way drawings I did of him back in the day.

From Jim Norton:
Apparently I tweeted this in June 2009: Patrice Oneal, wearing the outfit Pablo Escobar was killed in.


Another from Norton:
CORE dinner around 2003. As Laura Bush spoke, Patrice kept bellowing, "Your husband's gonna get us allllll killed"

That one made me laugh just reading it.

The next few I snagged from Norton's twitter account.
Brooke Sheilds and Patrice.

Jim and Patrice on the set of Tough Crowd

From Robert Kelly:
"My friend Patrice making everyone laugh"


From my friend Patrick


Patrick, Kevin Heart, Patrice O'Neal

From my friend Kristen


From the great series "How did Todd Lynn cripple his arm?"
Patrice sitting on aforementioned arm.

It was an O&A bit about some ugly chick rating the comedians. Norton was voted a 2, Patrice a 6 and Vos an 8. Norton + Patrice = Vos.


Search him in YouTube, you will find lots of great video. This one made me laugh and it was Patrice at his best.
Patrice O'Neal schooling a broad on funny

Much love to you Patrice. If you were suffering, I'm glad that you are not anymore. I shall miss your great wit.

No comments:

Post a Comment