Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving is near

Last night when I picked up the turkey from my mothers house after grocery shopping, she gave me a hostess basket for hosting Thanksgiving this year. It had some cute stuff in it and I just wanted to share. It was an apple themed basket.

Cute little fall basket.

Some of the goodies.

Lovely little welcome sign.

Cute little sign I might hang outside.

Nifty little cookbook all for apples. It's got some good looking recipes in it.

And the little leaves and apples, now I've got some table decoration. Plus, there was this awesome awesome AWESOME candle in the basket. I almost don't want to light it, it smells that good and I want it to last.

I figured that I should put up pictures of the crafts I did over at Morgan's house before Halloween. She saw the cute idea of countdown blocks. She made her for Christmas, Tammy made hers for a birthday countdown and Annie (her SIL) made play fabric blocks for baby G. I found this pretty surfer-ish paper and wanted to make a countdown with it. My favorite holiday is Halloween and they would be pointless at that point, so I figure they could be like a vacation or a date calendar.

So, here they be:

Today is the 23rd.

Some of the cool different papers.

More of the paper.

It's a little hard to see the "Today is the" part, the letters are shiny silver. After I got those put on, I had a good idea on how to make the base doubly awesome.

Now it's a countdown!

I really do like the "Days Till" piece on the other side. So now I can use it as both a calendar and a countdown.
Some more shots of the paper. I think the paper on the 8 is my favorite. I like sparkly flowers.





I've also been working on a few other things for the house but they aren't finished yet.

We also went grocery shopping yesterday for everything we need for Thanksgiving. We walked out with HUGE amounts of food. And I've got to start making some of it, like the pies. I think I'll be making the cheesecake tomorrow and the apple pie on Wednesday. Our turkey is thawing in the fridge. I got almost everything for it too. One last trip to the store for a few herbs.

And the Christmas presents for the parents arrived today. They look amazing. So glad they arrived in one piece. And James got his wedding ring back. Long story, but he dropped it on the bathroom floor and it snapped in half. Don't ask me how. It makes no sense to me. He sent it back on Thursday, got it re-sized (from a 13 to an 11.5, yeah, he's lost weight since we got married) and it fits correctly now. It fit correctly 5 months ago when we got married. He's lost 15-20 lbs since then. Oh, I envy him.

2 comments:

  1. James you bastard you, I 2 envy u =]
    Dude I love love love your basket, your mom rocks!! and your blocks are super cute, i love how they turned out. I'm outie early tomorrow so HAPPY THANKSGIVING and I can't wait to hear the stories later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving fool!! Have a safe drive, enjoy the time with your family and enjoy the awesome food.

    ReplyDelete