Sunday, September 12, 2010

More blankets!

I've been on a baby blanket kick, no idea why, maybe it's because the colors are pretty (I swear, no baby here). That and I figure if I stock up on them, I won't have to hurry and rush to get one done when someone does get pregnant.

Then of course when I was making the first two, my mom commissioned me for the second two. The first blanket was something similar to what I saw once, but was never able to find the pattern for. So I kind of had to make it up.

Rainbow blanket #1

First half of the rainbow

Second half of the rainbow

The second blanket I made because I like rainbows and granny squares. They make the easiest blankets. And the most interesting ones too.

Rainbow Granny Square Blanket

Closeup of rainbow granny


Then, I went through this book that has 101 Granny Squares and found 2 squares that I liked. I figured that they would each make a cool blanket. The first one is a 2 color square. I just alternated starting colors so it would look neat once all put together.

Boy blanket #1

Square #1

Square #2

The second blanket needed more color, so I went with the 3 color option. The blue I had to use in this blanket was a little darker because I was running out of the original blue.

Boy blanket #2

Square #1

Square #2


While I was working on these blankets, Dave got me a big crocheting notebook that had lots and lots of blankets from Annie's Attic. And quite a few baby blankets. So I've got some new ideas then. I'll keep making them till I can come up with a new idea. Besides, I'm sure my mom will know more people who are having babies.

1 comment:

  1. Dude, these blankets rock! Good job and what a great idea to have a couple handy =]

    ReplyDelete