Thursday, September 30, 2010

That's kinda what we do here Denis, I'm a comedy writer.

Yesterday the comedy world lost a great great comedian. Greg Giraldo.
Greggers

I first was introduced to him via Tough Crowd, one of the single greatest shows EVER, and he was seriously one of the best smart comics I have ever seen. He can be vicious and hilarious and smart all at the same time. Something I aspire to be. Anyway.

Greg was a hilarious comic. One of my favorites. He did a lot of he Comedy Central roasts, and he was fantastic. I got to see him live back in 2004, and even meet him and have a photo taken with him. He was a SUPER nice guy, and thankfully he was friends with my wonderful friend Kristen so he had no problem meeting us.

Me, Greg, and Lex 2004

He was genuinely nice and didn't mind being bothered. I wish I had more memories of him, but the few I had were great.

So, Greg, it was wonderful to have you in the world. You are extremely missed and I don't know a single person who won't miss you.

My friend Patrick made a great article about Greg's passing and remembering him, and in it there is some audio of Greg from 2 roasts that he did that are just comic central and hilarious as shit if you know the comedians he slams.

I pulled these pics from my friends who knew him/met him and I'll just post them here to show just how awesome he was.

Kristen and Greg (one of my favorite pictures)

Kristen, Greg and Gina

Greg and Munir

Munir and tough Greg

Greg and Munir Comedy Cellar Boat Tour

Patrick and Greg

Kristen and Greg after the Tough Crowd final show

Greg Giraldo: December 10, 1965 – September 29, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment