Since it is so cold and yucky outside...I wanted to make some yummy warm and comforting food.
I started scouring the blogs to look for simple stuff that I could make that James would also like. I found a few good chicken recipes and went for it. We decided on Chicken Pot Pies. My friend Morgan showed me these little ramekins that she got at the dollar store, and I had to go pick some up. I originally picked up 6 (2 of each shape) but I went back to grab a few more since I was sure the pot pie recipe would be a lot. It's a good thing I picked up a few more because it ended up making 7. SEVEN. Which is far more than we could ever eat so we have leftovers now.
But here they are:
It was super delicious. And very filling. For the chicken I used this recipe. I didn't have any all seasoning, so I used some dry BBQ rub my mom picked me up in Memphis and a little bit of Johnnys. No, I didn't use a whole chicken (I wanted easy!) and so I just did some boneless skinless chicken breasts. It worked pretty well. I saw them saying that it wouldn't work as well, but it worked perfectly fine for me. I really didn't want skin and bones anyway. I wanted easy. And I got it. And delicious.
I'm making more chicken for a few more recipes that I've found and hopefully they all turn out as yummy as this one did.



I LOVE chicken pot pies. Those look delish.
ReplyDelete