Sunday, December 11, 2011

Time for change

So, as I mentioned before, James was in school getting his CDL (Commercial Driver License). Well, on November 30th he took and passed his CDL drive test. YAY! He tried to take the School Bus and Passenger test but missed something initially, so he was able to take it again on December 1st and passed. As soon as he had passed, he went and got his actual CDL, then gave a call to System Transport.

After a week of being on the phone, emailing and digging up some super old info (like when did your California drivers license get issued to you 10 years ago...) we got the word that James was hired!

JAMES HAS A JOB!!! Yay!!

Thankfully, he won't have to leave until after Christmas so we get to spend Christmas together. And he will actually get the Christmas presents he might need (depending on what is in them) before he goes on the road.

It's exciting that he has a job now. And that all the psycho list making and organizing and prepping for this that I have done the last month or two will finally pay off. Yes.

So, I will admit that I was not really in the Christmas mood. I didn't even want to put up a tree. Well, then I thought "Where would the presents go??" so I had to figure out something. James and I had looked at little trees everywhere, trying to find one that wasn't just ridiculous. Fiber optic and pink tinsel trees are included in ridiculous. We finally found a little one that was acceptable.

I give you, midget tree 2011:
Oooooooh

Ahhhhhhhh

It came pre-lit and everything. Can't beat that. I do miss my directional LED lights, but these will just have to do. And they make it look pretty in the evening. It's not extremely big, and so I have some small ornaments on it. And the one I got James:

Mine couldn't go on the tree. It weighs about as much as the tree itself. But thankfully it can be displayed easily.


I did put out other decorations too, just so it isn't so blah in here.

Tumbling Santas

Tumbling puppies

Buster all dressed up

Yes, it's weird, I put a Santa hat on Buster. I know that he would be ok with it. We did dress him up a lot.

And, other good news, I finished all of my Christmas gifts. And just in time. Yesterday I shipped off the ones that needed to be mailed and met up with my dad to exchange gifts. I took a big box of presents, I got back a big box of presents. It makes my midget tree look inadequate.

My dining room table has almost totally vanished. Good thing I'm not having Christmas here, because we'd have no where to eat. But atleast I'll have a Christmas with James. Which is what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment