So I gots me this:
Ooooooh...aaaaaah
It's super light. Which is so different from my mother's sewing machine that is from like 1960. I can pick it up and carry it with one hand. And it is pretty easy to use. I'm still learning about it, but doing pretty well.
Oh, and that pink board behind the sewing machine...well it's a:
...thread holder. I didn't like the cases I saw, or racks, or anything. And believe me, when I was in Spokane while James was in orientation, I looked everywhere. Couldn't find a single thing that I liked. So, I made my own. Peg board, modge podge, scrapbook paper and dowels. That's it. The nice man at Lowes cut it down from one giant piece into 4 - 2ft x1ft rectangles. Then I just made it look pretty. With pink argyle paper of course. I had to do something, I mean, thread was on sale so I bought some colors for the future...
I got a few other sewing related gifts for Christmas. Like this:
Pincushion and little scissors
Awww PUPPIEZ!!!
The pincushion came from Morgan. And I love it. It's super cute. It holds a lot of pins. And the Dog Sewing Case came from Chase. He is such a thoughtful puppy. It holds just about everything I need, including the power cord and pedal for my machine.
First thing I made on my sewing machine? Why it was an apron. See?
I love plaid.
OH YEAH AND IT'S REVERSIBLE!!
Let me tell you, I was quite proud of myself for making this. Morgan's sister in law Annie showed me how. I've actually made 2 other aprons since then, but I haven't taken pictures of them yet. I will. I'd really like to do it with my actual camera. But I let my big tall husband take that on the road with him for now.
I've also crocheted a baby blanket for a friend of mine. Oh I wish I could share pictures of it. It is disgustingly cute. But I'll wait till I give it to her.
So that is what I do to fill time. Besides cleaning things. And playing with Chase. Oh Chase. Chase, who is taking over my bed with his toys and stuffed Blue dog. And kicking me in the night. And just being silly.
My mom took this photo of him when she stopped by to let him out the other day.
Shake it like a polaroid picture...
I just love my little smushy face Magoo.







No comments:
Post a Comment