Sunday, January 8, 2012

New year, new stuff.


2011 is gone...and really...I'm not too sad about it.


It started with James having a fulltime job in the Tri Cities. Shortly afterwards he went to part time. But any job was better than no job. He went back to applying for full time work. After we went to Minnesota for my cousin's wedding...we encountered a problem with unemployment and decided that it was time to possibly change James's career since IT work around here is not plentiful. He went back to school and got his CDL. Shortly afterwards he applied to System Transport and was hired. We actually just spent a week in Spokane for his orientation/training (blog to come) and he left yesterday at 0-dark-thirty.

In April the decision was made to put Buster to sleep. He lived a really long life, and was a happy puppy, but it was time for him. He went quickly, peacefully, and is back at home with us (in an urn). Chase is doing well, and turned 9 back in May.

Work just continues on for me, same as ever. I've avoided having my job eliminated a few times this year. But hey, if they let more inmates go who knows. I can't worry about it, it does no good. It's better to focus my time on things here at home, like hobbies and my lovely doggie Chase.

I learned how to sew (see here, here, here and here) and I still crochet. I didn't do a whole lot in the last 6 months because I was just focused on James and his eventual leaving. I'm getting better with it and no lie, the last week was hard because I literally said goodbye to him 4 times.

Best way to close out last year and start this year is some photos from the last 2 weeks...

Gay disco Christmas lights on our casa
James got me an epic X-Files shirt for Christmas
Christmas Jock 
On the road... 
Because Lex thinks Spokane is a funny name...

...And Cheney

James watchin football at a bar

Well hello Mr. Lincoln...fancy seeing you here

Zonked out
Cuddling with his Blue

What do you mean "Off the counters"???

I love you Oil & Vinegar

Strawberry vinegar, blood orange olive oil, sherry vinegar, Italian unfiltered olive oil.

New shoes for a new year

Loud colors and funky patterns rule

My old apartment in Cheney. Ahh I don't miss you.

Chase is ready for a vacation

"Daddy, if I lay on your shoes you can't leave right?!?!"

NYE Chase and Mr. Doooooog

Yes there are a lot of pictures of Chase. But he is so photogenic. I makes me love his face.
I gave James my camera for his time out on the road until he gets his own. So be prepared for lots of photos taken with my iPod. Oh yeah. I guess thank god I have that.

Welcome 2012. Lets not suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment