But here is a girl baby blanket:
It's basically a granny square that makes a heart shape. Most other squares I found you had to sew the heart onto the square onto the square, which I never really liked that idea.
I like simple blankets and projects. They are the best.
Last week I became bored and decided to break out my Halloween cookie cutters. I hadn't used them and had a few hours to spare. Tried out a new sugar cookie recipe and a new icing recipe. I had fun making lots of cool cookies. And the best part? Giving them away to my friends. I like that part the best.
The directions I had for the spiderwebs said to put the icing in a bag and do it that way, but I have a horrible track record with bags so I just free hand made my spirals. Most of them came out ok, but a few I had to try and fix.
So I made a lot of cookies.
And found some cute bags to put them in:
And then I delivered them around. Ahh how I love holiday cheer.
Speaking of baking and cooking, my poor cupboards. Don't get me wrong, I love my house. But it is lacking in upper cupboard space. I've been wanting to build a pantry, but that is a long process and while I know how I want to do it, the time and effort aren't here right now. So, I solved my problem at the Home Depot. Picked up a pantry to put in the mudroom that will solve all of my cupboard problems.
I'd love to say that I can show you the inside but not yet. It came with 2 adjustable shelves, and we need 4 more. Can't buy them in the right size, so we have to get some boards cut to fit. THEN my plan can be fulfilled. But I did put some of my cans and stuff like that in there and it made the cupboards SO MUCH BETTER! I can actually find things. It is amazing. And it makes me happy. I picked up a basket for my sprinkles, and it worked so well I'm going to pick up a few more for the teas and other mixes. I'm so excited.
And James being able to go to Costco and get himself the stuff that he wants and we will have room for it is good too. Oh and I guess maybe we could store some of Chase's treats in there as well. His cookie jar is a little full.
Bonus cuteness:



That baby blanket is BA fool. You did such a good job.
ReplyDeleteYour Halloween cookies were the bomb. Don't tell my husband but I ate them all but 2 =]
We got our pantry at Home depot also.
Hahaha I'll never tell about the cookies. I'm glad you liked them!
ReplyDeleteDid your pantry come with all the shelves you needed? Thankfully, James helped out someone who can cut some boards so he is over there right now having that done.