Sunday we did breakfast: pancakes, eggs and home fries.
Monday was my illfated Fontina Mac and Cheese attempt. I had some of the left overs and well, I still enjoyed it.
Tuesday we had enchiladas. I love enchiladas. Thankfully, so does James. He loves them so much it's rare that we have leftovers.
The rest of the week, apparently I was channeling Pioneer Woman. I used 3 of her recipes, all of them oddly enough, 16 minute meals.
Wednesday we had Bowtie Lasagna:
It was pretty good. James really enjoyed it too. And it makes a LOT. We have enough left overs for James to have lunch for the next two days. James did say however that he does prefer my normal lasagna more, but if he ate it, it can't be all bad.
Thursday we had Mexican "Flatbead" Pizzas:
We both really enjoyed this too. James went back for seconds. We still have leftovers too. But a few notes and please learn from my mistakes:
- Make sure you read the biscuit tube that you pick up. Don't get the butter ones. As you can see, my flat bread looks a bit on the jaundice-y side. So remember folks, NO BUTTER BISCUITS! (It was still delicious though)
- Make sure you have salsa. I thought we did, but we didn't, so I had nothing to mix in the beans except a little taco seasoning. It was still yummy.
And Friday, tonight. Tonight has to be my favorite by far: Mini Meatball Sandwiches.
I told James that I was planning on making these so we needed to get the rolls. He asked what rolls and I told him the little slider rolls. He instantly picked up a package of sourdough hoagie rolls and said "Man size sandwiches only" and tossed them in the cart. I can't say I blame him, it was a wise decision. It made a fairly decent amount of meatballs for only 1 lb of hamburger (and we only get ours from Thundering Hooves). The rolls really only hold 3 meatballs, but James squeezed a 4th on his roll. They were delicious! Super moist, wonderfully flavored and I am in love. With a meatball. I added a few shakes of italian seasoning when I was mixing and instead of mincing my garlic, I ran it through a garlic press. It worked SO much better than mincing it and it really helped spread the flavor around.
I don't think I will ever be able to get away with store bought meatballs again.
And the best part to making all of this food, the left overs and choices for our long 4 day weekend. SCORE!




No comments:
Post a Comment