It's a new year and I haven't blogged once. Well, I'm going to remedy that.
On Facebook I put up this:
Handmade Pay it Forward 2011: I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment here. To be eligible, you must also post this status, offering the same thing to 5 other people. The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime in 2011.
I got it from my friend, coworker and super fabulous hairdresser Jacqueline. She also is a quilter (and general crafty sewing type person) and she has made a lot of nifty stuff. She has this purse she made that is ADORABLE. I want one. So, I commented on her status and put it up as mine. (I hope I'll get one)
Of course she jumped at the chance, as did my friend Katie from highschool. My co-worker Joe decided to rag on me and tell me to knit (I don't knit) him a sweater. 2xl. Heather Grey. Wood Buttons. Repeatedly. Gotta love Joe.
But that only leaves me with 2 people. I'm kinda sad. I like making stuff for other people. Hopefully at least someone else joins in. I've been perusing different sites looking for pattern ideas, or even squares. I enjoy granny squares for some reason.
Speaking of granny squares, I'm almost done making them for this epic blanket I've been working on for the last 2-3 months. Then will come putting it all together. I can't wait. I found some new great patterns I can't wait to try once I'm done with this blanket. Which will hopefully be soon.
And, exciting news will come soon, as I have reached a goal that I set almost 2 years ago. But that will wait till it is fulfilled (hopefully this week).
This is cool, I didn't even see it on your facebook. If you don't have 5 peeps yet I'll totally sign up cuz ya know I love getting stuff =] Not sure what I would make people, but it sounds fun.
ReplyDeleteI don't have 5 people yet so YES you are more than welcome to sign up.
ReplyDelete