2010 was an interesting year. It started with me not knowing if they were going to shut down half of the facility I work at (which would lay me and about 1/2 the staff off), and James being out of work. Thankfully, for now, they have decided against it. James got a job in April that he hated, and it was an hour away. He did it, but it was long hours for shitty compensation and he came home smelling like chemicals EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Like a blessing, they laid him off in late May. He was miserable, I was miserable, and even if he had to go back on unemployment it was better than that ridiculous job. We celebrated our one year wedding anniversary, and 6 total years together. In September he had many many job interviews and one worked out and he got a job. It has been going well, and even though it is an hour away, it is still far better than the other job. It is in his field and he enjoys it. Can't ask for more.
So, in my final post for 2010 I have to show the god awful ugly trivets I made to use at Thanksgiving. Ugly? Yes. Bright? Yes. Totally awesome and useful? YES.
And an end of the year bonus, Chase being cute:
Happy New Year everyone!





I don't think they are ugly at all. Good job fool, they look awesome and who doesn't need more pot holders.
ReplyDelete