Friday, May 20, 2011

BERF!

Let me tell you, the older you get, the less and less exciting birthdays get. Please don't smack me for saying that, I realize I'm only 28. I kinda had a lazy day, and took it off from work. I still got up early because I just can't help myself, and lazed around. Then I went and got my nails done with Lani, and killed some time before dinner. Then I went and had dinner with James, Dave and Lani. Momma was out of town so no momma. =[

Then we came home for cake and presents. And presents as you get older...boy oh boy. There wasn't much that I really wanted. Gift cards mostly. Let me tell you, I am boring. I have some awesome friends and family who found the coolest stuff ever for me that I couldn't even think of.

Take my awesome baking buddy Morgan. When we saw these cookies we wanted to make them. The pan that goes for making them is kinda hard to find around here.

Well, Morgan is just awesome like that and found it. And gave it to me for my birthday.

SQUEEEEE!!!

I had to make the cookies of course. I have a slight cookie problem. I love making them.

Pre baking

Post baking, the look normal don't they? Well...

Check this out. EPIC!!!

I seriously can't express my love enough for that pan. It's one of my most favorite things ever.

Chase got me 2 fantastic shirts (I love how he pays attention to what mommy says)

Ala Zack and Miri Make a Porno

Ala Jersey Girl

I loves me some Kevin Smith film shirts.

James's momma sent me some stuff for my nails. I kinda want to try it out after I take the polish off my nails.

James listened to me too. I've talked about some stuff for my iPod over the months and he actually got it for me. Here is what one of the things is:

What is it you ask? Why it's an iPod stand! See?

Clerks 2 on screen. I have a problem I tell ya.
It also goes this way...


And it even LOOKS like one of those newer iMacs.

He also got me the new red case for my iPod, and an apron which for some reason, I can't find a picture of. I'll put one up here eventually.

From my dad I got some gift cards and this:

It's a big canvas "painting" of our wedding photo. I have no idea where to put it yet, but it is SUPER cool and awesome. And it's one of my favorite photos of us ever.

I also got an iTunes card from Lani, which YAY. See, little things to entertain me.

Momma came home on Sunday and she came over and we had leftover cake and did more presents. Her and Dave gave me some gift cards and this:

It has some old school biscuit cutters, measuring cups, rolling pin, whisk, a red candle, some new red dishtowels, a cook/baking book and this:


This is one of the coolest gifts I have ever gotten. I got some awesome stuff, but this, this is cool. Why is it cool? I'll turn it over.


See that marking in the upper left part of the pie plate? Oh let me get closer...

GCY 78

GCY is Grace C. Yount, my great aunt. She made the pie plate back in 1978. I know it's been used a lot. Actually some of the cherry design is chipping away. I don't plan on using it ever, but I am going to put it on display in my kitchen. It will go really well with the red theme in the kitchen. And it is something from my family, that my family made. Can't ask for anything more than that.

So I got some really fantastic and thoughtful stuff and had a great time with everyone on my birthday. Made getting older easier.

So did this:



James scores points for the greatest birthday cake ever. Oreo blizzard ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. My husband rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment