Sunday, May 22, 2011

New obsession

Remember those gift cards that I talked about??

Yeah. They were for Bed Bath and Beyond. When I originally asked for them I was thinking about some stools for our bar area.

That went out the window when I realized that our vacuum cleaner sucked and I needed to do something. It was a FIGHT with our old vacuum. You had to talk nice to it to get it to even suck stuff up. Which it didn't do so well and it took FOREVER to do the living room.
My other dilemma was I didn't want a big vacuum cleaner because I know that my goal is to get rid of every scrap of carpet in this house eventually. I don't like carpet really. Hardwood floors all the way. So something that would work on both carpet for right now and later on hardwood floors was what I was looking for.

I had seen an ad for a vacuum. It was multi floor. It wasn't gigantic, it was small and manageable. So I spent days reading about it and reading the reviews. I finally decided that I was going to get it. And thanks to the gift cards and coupons I spent WAY less on it than I would of. It was over half off by the time I was done.

I got this:


Oh yeah. Dyson Digital Slim.

I've now used it twice and I only got it yesterday.

It is super lightweight. It moves easily on the floors, and we have a few different types of carpet. You would not believe the amount of crap that it sucked up. When I did everything again today it was picking up less and less. It moves really well on the dining room/kitchen floors as well. It has a trigger, not a true on and off switch. I can only assume that is because they don't want you leaving it running and possibly running down the battery before you are done.

It is cordless and lasts for 15 minutes. In that 15 minutes I was able to do our entire living room, hallway, bedroom, dining room, stairs, cobwebs in corners, dusting a few surfaces, and hitting the high traffic areas one more time before it finally died.

Everything on it is easy to clean. It charges up in 3 hours. And it does a fantastic job. Every negative review that I saw came from people who didn't do their homework and learn about the vacuum before they bought it.

I can't say enough good things about it.

Even Chase doesn't mind it as much as the old one. He used to hate the old vacuum. It was loud and scary. This vacuum doesn't scare him. It is that quiet. And something that keeps Chase calm makes us all happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment