Things have been busy around here. July seemed to fly by rather quickly. There were lots of birthdays in July, and the last one is the most important one, James' birthday.
I made him German Chocolate cake balls (with help from the lovely Morgan) as something different.
Pre-coating
Done. WITH SPRINKLES!!
I also hung out with Vinny. For a cat, he's not bad.
A new 311 album came out. I'm beyond excited. It sounds like summer.
Sometime I need to take a photo of all my albums. It's insane. I have a slight problem.
I decided to hang up some stuff on our sad white walls. Give them a little color.
I painted that YEARS ago, and found it in a box when cleaning a while ago. It's next to our wedding shadowbox. It actually goes together quite well.
In July, it was the end of an era: Harry Potter's final movie. I love me some Harry Potter. I was a little late to the party, but I stayed till the very end. Greatest part about it? Butterbeer cupcakes.
Morgan made those and brought me like 8 of them. My dentist will thank me later for the damage I did. But they are so delicious.
We took Chase downtown to listen to some music. I don't think he was too impressed by the SKA band. I was. I enjoyed them. This was Chase enjoying them:
Not so much.
I cooked a lot of different food:
S'Mores bars
Creamy caprese pasta with focaccia bread
Buffalo fries
Pretzel bites and homemade ranch
Our trumpet vine on the front of the house is blooming and attracting every bee/wasp/hornet within a 20 mile radius. Atleast it looks pretty.
Also, I have the cutest niece EVER (my dogphew is pretty adorable too):
Emily and Zacky
They are great too, she makes a mess, he is right there to clean it up
And I went to Ice Burg one day. It was delicious. My dr will be thanking me for that as well.
GrchBDL w/ cat mayo only, C&M and a lg S&S
Speaking of the dr, I'm perfectly fine. I was tested for the CF (cystic fibrosis) gene and I don't have it! That's good news for me if I should ever decide to have a child. And no, I'm not decided on that. Even telling someone I had the test done poses that question. I just wanted to have it checked due to my brother having the gene. We come from a large family and CF has never appeared until just now, so it never hurts to check.
August looks to be just as busy as July. I want a break man.
No comments:
Post a Comment