When we arrived, I got dragged to a car show. A car show that was referred to as an "extravaganza". I'm sorry sir, but 20 cars does not equate an extravaganza. I've seen larger from my own moms car club on a Friday night. The cars were about what I normally see at a car show (when I go), and the most baffling was a 2007 Ford Focus that was modified. Seriously? Stop it. That has no place in a car show. I only took one picture there (besides on of my mom and Dave together) and it was arguably the best photograph of the event:
Minnesota Vikings CheerleadersI know what priorities are.
After the car show we decided to get some food here:
Why here? It's Bob Dylan's place. Why is it called Zimmy's? Because he was born Robert Allen Zimmerman. If you want to see a HUGE collection of Bob Dylan stuff, go here. The place is covered, wall to wall. And well, the food is really good. Then as we headed back to our cars, we heard thunder. My cousin assured me that the storms usually bypass, and well this time...this happened:
Lot and lots of rain. Hard rain. Lasting for quite a while. Eventually after jumping through puddles, ducking under business overhangs, Jimmy and mom braved the rain to go get the cars for the rest of us. Then we journeyed on to the happiest place on earth. No, not Disneyland (or world).
Greyhound Bus MuseumSo apparently the Greyhound bus system originated in Hibbing, MN. They have a museum, while small, that is packed with history and a lot of busses. I only wish I had some of my friends with me because the mockability of this place was on an epic level. But you know, some people with us were legitimately interested in it.
Black velvet bus!
And POSE!
**Note, I would never mock a Marine to his face, but who poses a Marine mannequin like this??
Haaaaaaaaay
Look, they were creepy mannequins:
I always feel like somebody's watchin meeeeee
The two most awesomely offensive things I was able to find in the museum was on an old map of the US and the bus stops from 1937. I shall share them.
There was a weird dog costume that was out for photo ops, so mom and Dave tried to take a photo.

Smile!
I had to show them the proper way to get a photo with ridiculous figures:

OMG!
Now, half of the museum was indoors. The other half was outdoors. That's right, crap loads of BUSSES. To me they all looked the same. But, before we were going to head off on our way, this sign was noticed:
Might I add that this whole display was found BEHIND a building. You know. Hidden from most everyone. We had a grand laugh, and then headed on to the local active working mine. Which is enormous and goes on forever. And the dumptrucks are huge.

Really really big. Every time it emptied a load into the truck it sounded like thunder. It was 600lbs of materials per scoop.

The mine
They had examples of the machinery on display. This is James standing next to a "small" dump truck.
James is also 6ft 6. Have I mentioned that before?
After we returned from our foray at the mine, we walked a block over to cousin Missy's house and got the tour. It's a nice little place, and we got to sit around and talk and just hang out. Lots of good times were had, and it's nice to get to know your family. Her youngest son also came over to meet us. It was a wonderful time.
Hooray for family!
No comments:
Post a Comment