Monday, August 8, 2011

One big screwed up tree

I spent a few hours at my moms house today going through old photos and scanning them in for her.

I love old photos of my family. It shows them when they were happy and all loved eachother. Not now, where they don't all speak to eachother. And it's some of the only connection I have to my past.

My Grandpa Yount would of been 100 on August 2nd, but he died long before I was born (back in 1967).
Grandpa and his dad back in 1937

There was my Grandma Yount who would of been 100 in October this year, and she died in 1987 when I was almost 4. I didn't know her very well, but I know she loved me (and some say I was her favorite. I can't argue, I mean, hello, I'm awesome). Grandma liked creepy weird stuff like The Exorcist. We'd be golden now I'm sure if she was around. I might be able to get her to go see Red State. Maybe.
My mom and grandma back in the late 1950s.

Then...my uncles. My mom has 4 older brothers. George, John, Jim and Bob. George is going to be 72 in September. My mom is going to be 57 in September. Yes, there was an age gap.
Proof:
L-R Uncle John, Uncle Bob, Uncle Jim, in the back is Uncle George holding my mom as a baby

I love my uncles. They are weird in their own ways. A little crazy at times. But it's what makes them special. My Uncle Jim passed away a little over 8 years ago. He was in the Navy forever.

I didn't get to see him very much, he lived in California. My other uncles live up here in Washington. But he came up for reunions.
Proof:
Jim, George, Mom, John and Bob

They are so weird. I wish we have another reunion. Many of my cousins are WAY older than I am. How old?
Here is my cousin Mike as a baby...
In 1969.

I know right. Insane.

My cousin Jimmy as a youngin with my moms dog Duke.

He is 2 years older than Mike.

My brother is technically the youngest Yount grandchild at the age of 24. I'm second youngest at 28. I have second cousins who are my age if that tells you anything about my family.

But I love them, and all these old photos.

John, Bob, Jim, My momma and Missy

Mom and John

John and Jan as young kids

Aunt Grace and my mom

Uncle Bob and Duke

Aunt Grace, Aunt Sandi, Uncle Jim, Aunt Cora, Cousin Renee, Uncle Bob


No comments:

Post a Comment