Lex and I had our hair appointment at 11:30 (since the wedding was at 4) and Jacqueline did fantastic things with our hair. I had so much hairspray in my hair, it took 2 shampoos to get it all out later that night. But, it was needed. So was all the pins in my hair, so that the curls wouldn't fall out. My hair can be very stubborn.

My maid of honor Lex helping me take all the pins out of my hair.
Ahh, but before I even get to the hair...let me start with the dress. Lex got in her dress, then I went to go get in mine. I had taken it to the local dry-cleaners and told them I needed it steamed. Before I took it I asked my mom if I should keep the ribbon that tied it up and she said "Nah, they will steam it with the rest of the dress. It will be fine."
Famous last words.
I went to put my dress on (at about 3pm) and when I looked at it again, I realized that the ribbon was no where to be found.
They had screwed up and didn't give it back to me. It may be a little bit my fault, because I SHOULD of checked. However, who the heck keeps part of a dress?!?!??!! I started to panic. It was too late to call them, if they even still had it. My mom went and grabbed her friend Gail and told her what happened. Gail rushed in, looked at the loops on the back and said "White ribbon? This big? Ok. Be back soon."
Gail went down to JoAnne's and ran back to where they have the ribbon. She looked and found the row where the right sized ribbon would be. The row was empty. She crouched down and looked back up there. Towards the back was one spool, stuck back there. She grabbed it and ran to the cash registers. Everyone was busy cutting fabric and helping other customers. So Gail said...
"I have a wedding emergency, if the bride doesn't get this there is no wedding."
They all dropped what they were doing and helped her her on her way.
Meanwhile, I was just standing there, holding my dress and trying not to panic. Which is really hard. Especially when you know that there are people out there waiting for you. Lex did a fantastic job at keeping me calm.
Gail finally arrived with the ribbon and my mom started lacing it through my dress. That took longer than we thought because we didn't dare cut the ribbon and have it be too short, so we had to loop all 18 feet through the loops.
My mom and Lex hurrying to get me tied into my dress.
Once everyone was ready (waiting on me ha ha), everyone got into place and we started.

James talking to my Uncle Rick (the reverend).

Isabele and Michelle helping Sofia get on the right track.

Malisa helping Buster get to the right spot.

Sofia being the best little flowergirl.

Buster walking and wondering why everyone is looking at him.

Best Man Paul (my brother) and Maid of Honor (Lex).

My dad, me, and my mom.

Me saying my vows. I started crying in the middle of them.

James reading his. His were short, simple and sweet.

First kiss.

It was a lovely day. We had a great time with our family and friends and had to pose for a LOT of pictures. A lot. Like, way too many. But we had a good time, and I hope everyone else did too.

The wedding party.

Buster and Sofia.
Poor Buster wasn't feeling his best so the pictures we did get with him were great. He had to go home and go to sleep shortly after his were done because he was just too worn out.

All the parents (James's mom is the one in the middle).

The sibilings. The talls and the shorts.

My fantastic friends.

James's family.

My mom's side of the family.

My dad's side of the family. I think I won with who had the most family show up.

Our pretty cake topper.

The wedding cake.
LOOK! It's NOT a cake wreck! I was so worried about that after Morgan showed me the cakewreck's blog. I mean, paranoid about it.

♥♥♥Awwwww♥♥♥

Our wedding rings.

I love this picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment