So, like always, I baked him whatever birthday cake he wanted. He usually wants German Chocolate, but this year he wanted an apple spice cake. (And I really wanted to try to make German Chocolate Cake balls.) So I bought what I needed and went to work.
One half of the spice cake, all nice and leveled.
Time for the filling, which was apple pie filling. Ergo, apple spice cake.
It's a giant cake sandwich!!!
Frosting (and not a bad job at it either).
I WANT SPRINKLES!!!
Oh, and I had maybe a little too much fun getting stuff for the party. Like crazy straws, noise makers, lots of candles and a light-up tiara for the birthday boy.
It's a little crazy, little wreck-tastic, but I like it.
Ice cream for Buster and Zacky (with a few sprinkles so they didn't feel left out).
James was a good sport and wore the tiara. I have another photo where he shows his true feelings, and I won't put that up here. And he wore it all night.
Making a wish (probably that the tiara would burn up).
I should of known better than to give noisemakers to my brother. He tormented his dog, and everyone with the gift of hearing. However, the only safe one of the night was...
Buster
Big man, big straw.
Paul got all dressed up.
James got some gift cards for new clothes from my mom and Dave, since he always tells me he wants practical gifts, like shirts, socks and pants. But mom surprised him with a framed piece of music called Blue Orchids. James loves orchids and is growing a few downstairs. He really loved the new artwork and can't wait to put it up.
Back in April, Jeanie went to the Bahamas (dang her) and anyway, I asked her to bring me back some rum for James. She brought back quite a bit and let me choose what he might like.
I also found gummy bacon (that tastes like strawberry) and I just had to get it for him. This goes clear back to his "Let's make bacon cookies" comment from earlier this month.

And since he loves his drinks cold, how about some whisky stones to keep it cold. He tried them out later that night and said they worked pretty well.
And since he loves his drinks cold, how about some whisky stones to keep it cold. He tried them out later that night and said they worked pretty well.
He also got some pants (damn you practical gifts), a new 16GB flash drive so he can take stuff to work and have something to listen to, and a special thing to keep a spare key so if he gets locked out again, he won't have to walk clear to Morgan's to have me let him in. And the flash drive had to be a specific on. He is hard on those things. I mean, he will use them till they break. So he found a certain one that had a different connector that was least likely to get broken.


James and his practical pants. Paul is trying to read.
And this face pretty much sums up how Buster felt about the whole ordeal. Atleast he got ice cream out of it.
Buster (15) and Zacky (6 mos)
**Bonus cute picture**
James and our "nephew" Zacky.
Your cake turned out awesome and looks very yummy. Looks like he scored lots of good stuff. Happy Birthday James
ReplyDelete