The ones we have are SO OLD. They are an absolute train wreck. I've hated them but we always decided that we were going to get new ones after we got married.
Soooooo we went there and spent an hour and a half in there. We exchanged the glasses because one of them was broken in the box (Funny thing is, one of the new ones broke when James was drying it when we got home. ARRRRRRRRRG. Oh well. I guess we will just live with it.) and finally got a salt grinder ordered. Then the debate over which cookware to get. We were torn between the 10 piece and 13 piece.
We finally settled on the 10 piece:
Which is fantastic. The joy that I had throwing out the awful stuff we had was too much.
When we were checking out, I asked the lady about the deal they had, spend $350 or more on Calphalon and get a $50 gift card for Bed Bath and Beyond. She double checked that what we got did qualify (I don't know why it wouldn't, the damn set was $500) and then she went back to read the sign. She came back with a gift card and this:

I was like "What the heck is that?"
"Oh, with the set you got you get this free. It also comes with a spatula and a dish rag. Totally free."
"Wow, ok. Great."
So we got a new 5 qt non stick Calphalon dutch oven. FOR FREE.
Score.
I was so happy that well, the only way to keep it rolling was to get some new sprinkles. And I found some interesting ones.
Some giant rainbow nonpareils, and some rainbow sparkling sugars. And these awesome pearlized jimmie sprinkles. AH. STOP. CUTE.
OH I also grabbed a few cookie cutters. I have a recipe for sugar cookies that I want to try, and a recipe for the royal icing (you know, so you can make the cookies look smooth and pretty) and I kind of want to try it. I grabbed a heart, a circle, dog bone, and a music note. Now I'm just trying to figure out if I will have time this weekend to use them. Hmmmm. So far I've managed to wash all of our new kitchen stuff. I still have to wash our new towels, and organize our second utensil drawer...and make dinner. Ok, maybe it will be pizza for that. But still. It's awesome. I'll need to put out my new sprinkles soon. :-D
I love your new cook ware, & that dutch oven looks pretty BA! I love cooking with new pots and pans, I'm sooo jealous...
ReplyDeleteThey are soooo nice to cook with. I'm just inlove with them. I know it sounds awkward, but it's true LOL.
ReplyDelete