Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lollipies and teal?

So I had an urge to bake this weekend. I saw on Bakerella's site these adorable little pie pops, or lollipies. AH! I had to make them.

I made my own chocolate filling (thanks Alton Brown) and used some store bought cherry pie filling. Loni came over to help me, and to watch Twilight. So, we made some chocolate ones, and cherry ones, and some chocolate cherry ones. Oh, they are delicious.

The only problem I had was getting the sticks to stay in. They really didn't want to stay in some of them. So, we made little tiny pies too. And they are pretty good. Getting the right amount of filling in was tough. The first set of chocolate ones I made was pretty disastrous. The filling managed to seep out everywhere. I didn't give those ones to anyone. We ate those. It sucks having to take one for the team like that.



Cherry

Chocolate

Chocolate Cherry



Stickless pies


We made square and round ones. They were all pretty yummy. I'll have to work on my pie skills a little more before I make them again. But I've thought about all the different kinds, like apple and pumpkin, and my head just spins thinking about them.

Oh, we also spent the weekend painting one of the downstairs bedrooms. I didn't like the psycho bright blue that it was. I really didn't. And the room isn't totally finished anyway. But atleast with a normal wall color we had a place to start from. We've already picked out the new baseboards and molding, and we have to finish framing the door, window and closet. We've also got a new light fixture for in there. Plus we need to get a new light switch since SOMEONE (James) painted the one in the room teal.
But here is the before and after. It isn't TOTALLY done, because we need to buy and install the baseboards and molding, plus finish out the door and closet but it's atleast a start.

Yes, one wall was left white. Why, I'm not sure. Atleast it was a good place to test the colors we wanted.

That part we need to finish. We think we will leave the shelves exposed and just wall up the short side of it.

Poor closet...

I know it doesn't look THAT bright, but believe me, it was. The photo does not do that color justice. It was insanity.

And finally, after a few days of painting and drying, painting and drying...


This is just the walls. We thought a teal would be nice. That bedroom, even for being in the basement, gets a LOT of light through the windows.


After the ceiling color was put on.

Teal and teal.


The room actually looks like there is very little difference in the paint colors. It's when we took a picture that the real difference showed. That's why we are going to put molding around where the ceiling and walls meet, to hopefully show a difference better.
One major step down, about 40 to go.

2 comments:

  1. WHAT!! A baking date without me, now I'm a sad panda =[ JJ fool. I'm glad you were able to fit a baking date in (even if it's without me =] I've been playing my game so much and now that I'm addicted to TrueBlood my baking has gone to the back burner. I'm almost done with season 2 TrueBlood so I'll be baking soon again.....till a new addiction comes along =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was also gonna tell you how much I like the new color (once I get thinking TrueBlood everything else goes out the window =]
    Can't wait to see it

    ReplyDelete