So last weekend I went to a baby shower, and it was on extreme short notice. For me atleast. Anyway, I had wanted to make a blanket for Maxine (baby) but when the shower was supposed to originally be, in July, I wasn't going to have time.
But due to how things worked out it looked like I would have time.
Wrong. I found out about the shower on Thursday, and the shower was at 3pm on Saturday. I ran out, found some super soft baby yarn, and went to work.
This is the lovely baby Maxine.
But due to how things worked out it looked like I would have time.
Wrong. I found out about the shower on Thursday, and the shower was at 3pm on Saturday. I ran out, found some super soft baby yarn, and went to work.
This is the lovely baby Maxine.

She was born premature (which is why the first baby shower was scrapped...) and was just around 2 months old when the shower was had. I'm friends with her dad (Sean) on Facebook and he had put up a few pictures of her and her room that they finished right before she came home. Here is the room:


Cutest little room. And great color wise. I found the perfect soft baby yarn at the store and had a pattern in mind. I stayed up WAY too late working on it, but I had to get it done. 7 hours later I had the baby blanket I was hoping for:



Speaking of babies, Malisa went to the doctor yesterday and found out what they are having. It's a girl. Hooray! The hunt for cute and adorable baby stuff has begun. I could go broke from this kid. Since James and I are going to the west side this week for a wedding, we're going to look for baby stuff for her. That and we've looked a lot online and have found some cute stuff that is their style.

Mostly purple with a hint of pink.

All folded up.
The baby shower was lovely. It was a nice day outside, and it's the first baby shower I've been to where the baby was there too. And OMG she is adorable. Mom and dad were both happy and well, and so were all the grandparents. I'll have to make Maxine another blanket for when she gets older. But for now...here she is just being adorable.

Speaking of babies, Malisa went to the doctor yesterday and found out what they are having. It's a girl. Hooray! The hunt for cute and adorable baby stuff has begun. I could go broke from this kid. Since James and I are going to the west side this week for a wedding, we're going to look for baby stuff for her. That and we've looked a lot online and have found some cute stuff that is their style.
AND, we've started painting one of the bedrooms downstairs. Once it's done, there will be pictures. Well, it won't be totally done for a while, we still need to finish the room, but the paint should be done soon. So exciting.
I love baby stuff! I find myslef spending more money on Gianna then I do myself, scratch that, it's more like I spend more money on Gianna then I do on Jason =]
ReplyDelete