Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas aftermath

While looking at my 2009 blog, I realized that I am one short to tie 2010 with 2009. So, hopefully I can make this entry and one more before the 1st of the year.

Christmas Eve was busy with the baking, then the cleaning, then finally it was time to eat. We went out to Applebee's and had a lovely dinner, then came back to open up presents. My favorite part about Christmas is watching other people open their gifts. I don't really care too much about what I get, I like the reactions that I get from other people after they open their gifts.

This year for Chase we got him a new food and water dish. The kind that hold a good deal of food and water in a "tank" so that we don't re-fill the water 843,566,210 times a day. He also got a bunch of rawhide bones, big and small, a minty "snowball" that is super super bouncy, some Greenies, a bacon flavor tough chew bone and a Mr. Dog. He is really into the rawhide bone right now, and will probably never run out of them. He has chased the new ball a few times, and chewed on the tough bone, but he really is in love with that rawhide bone.

Chase's new bowls (notice the water is already half empty).

Please ignore my awful kitchen floors. I'm working on a plan to get rid of them.

Chase and one of his bones (and our new Christmas blanket from my grandma).

Chase chewing his bone.

Chase and Mr. Dog.

James got 2 copies of Black Ops for the Wii (one has gone back, he will find a new game or something eventually), new pants, Dexter season 4, a Wii Fit Plus, some new 8gig flash cards, gift card to Panda Express, some chocolate, an emergency flashlight for his truck, a 4 piece shot glass set from Pier One (that matches our kitchen colors), Batman Begins, The Dark Night, Fan Boys, Observe and Report, both Jim Norton books, Rare Earth Magnets for the fridge, this shirt:
Caffeine molecule

this shirt:
He really laughed at this shirt

and this:
Crystal. Skull. Decanter. Booyah.

I am now a Black Ops widow. My friend Barb has welcomed me to the club. Thankfully, he has it on the Wii so he isn't playing with a bunch of our friends who have PS3s or 360s. Although then I'm sure I would never get the tv to myself again. He was super excited to get it, and the Wii Fit Plus. I have been able to get him to play that every day so far, so atleast I get some time with the Wii.

To entertain me as a new Black Ops widow I got some warm socks, new kitchen towels, some awesome vanilla bean paste from Morgan, a scary table runner with 3D santas on it, new candles, new oils for the oil burner (twisted peppermint from Bath and Body FTW!!!), some new antibacterial hand stuff, Jim Breuer's new book, House season 5 and 6, Deliver Us From Evil, Small Town Gay Bar, Religilous, Thank You For Smoking, Wag the Dog, some Big Sexy Hair shampoo and conditioner, Law and Order SVU season 11, Gangland season 6, AND RED DWARF, THE ENTIRE SERIES ON D-V-FUCKING D. James totally wins with giving me Red Dwarf. My life is complete.

E-P-I-C!

10 years ago I got the entire series on VHS, before DVD was really that popular. When James and I got together, I showed him the show on my VHS tapes and he enjoyed it. But, the VCR I only had one of. I actually still have it. Mostly for these videos (and my 10 Tough Crowd tapes). So, we haven't really watched it since that one time because well, VHS isn't as awesome as DVD. But then James got me the DVDs and it is so awesome. And might I add, the amount of VHS tapes it took to hold the full series is INSANE!! I believe I have 20 VHS tapes for the entire series. They are still packed in a box from when we moved. So after our DVD haul, we needed to build another shelf for the collection.


We live in our own personal video store. And some of our DVD's are out being watched by friends and family because we really are a video store. Dexter season 4 didn't even stay in our house, it got sent home with Lani so she could catch up. Truth be told, there were some...duplicates on my gift list. So, some stuff is being exchanged for even more DVDs. Hey, when you don't have cable you need someway to entertain yourself. There was a lot of fun looking at everyone's stuff, and playing with new things.

Christmas day, everyone came back over for more munchies, movies, playing with the dogs, and food. I've never been much for traditional holiday fare, unless it is Thanksgiving and MASHED POTATOES, so this year we had a lovely dinner of green salad, spaghetti and meatballs and garlic bread. There was also games and movie watching and just overall good times. A wonderful Christmas indeed.

1 comment: