Friday, December 24, 2010

Twas the night before Christmas...

Today I decided to make Chex Party Mix. I haven't had homemade Chex Mix in atleast 10 years. I forgot how AWESOME it was. I actually had to put it away because it was that good.

So thankfully, I found Pioneer Woman's Chex Party Mix. And it is DELICIOUS!! I made 2 batches of it. The first batch was traditional, except we used raw almonds, cashews and peanuts. I'm not really a fan of the mixed nuts. Second batch I replaced the Corn and Rice Chex with Crispex (per James's request). Both versions are so so so yummy.
James's Mix.
Normal Chex Mix
Mmmmmm

I also made some of Pioneer Woman's Christmas Cherry Cookies, without the cherries. I then made up a yummy lemon glaze and drizzled it over them. I have a lemon problem.
Citrus coma

A serious lemon problem. Now what do I love more than lemon? Well, besides James...it's Chase! He got his haircut last week and just looks too cute for words. Don't just take my word for it...

Chase and his new haircut.

Pretty boy, pretty tree.

Now notice the lack of gifts. Well, I didn't get to wrap them until a week before Christmas. 4 hours of wrapping, 6 different kinds of wrapping paper, 2 things of tape and many different ribbons and bows. Chase even tried to help.

Gimme that!

Helper Puppy

Look ma! I help!

After I was done, this was the result:

It looks so pretty. Oh, and I discovered I have a monster in my basement. What kind?
Towel Monster!


I guess I should fold the towels more often so I don't get that towel monster again. Stupid folding of laundry!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, now I totally want some chex mix =]
    Dude that chex mix looks really yummy.

    ReplyDelete