Sunday, December 12, 2010

More baking.

Today was the second day on my three day baking extravaganza. I had to break it out over three days because if I tried to do it all in one, I'd probably just go crazy.

Day two consisted of oreo brownie bites and peppermint bark popcorn.

Hello lover.

The peppermint bark popcorn is awesome. I don't have a bowl big enough for mixing the whole thing up, so I have to split it between two larger bowls. Last year when I made it, I had to get peppermint extract. Well, I just glanced at the bottles when I picked one up. It was like a wintergreen mint extract. Which gives a nice contrast to the candy canes. Thank god for happy mistakes. Speaking of candy canes...

♥ ♥ ♥

Smashing them is always fun. Gave me something to do between batches of oreo brownies. I had to make sure I could tell them apart so I didn't not give someone all of one kind. Thankfully, sprinkles are my friend.

Holiday Oreos.

Double Stuffs.

Cool mint.

All cooling.

The reason I had to make some of the double stuffs is because I had an odd number of oreos in the cool mint and holiday area. How strange is that? The containers didn't have the same amount. Thankfully, James was willing to sacrifice 10 of his oreos so that I didn't have to make a pan with just 2 in it.

But then I hit another problem. I had to make a second box of brownie batter, but it wouldn't all be used with the oreos. What else could I do but make these:

Leftovers? Score!

Mini oreo mint brownies. I'm sure they will be super duper yummy. Atleast I hope so. James has been dying to try everything, but I have to keep his hands out of the cookies. Atleast until I find out how many I'm going to need to take for the work party. But, that will be tomorrow, after I complete baking day three.

3 days? What was I thinking?? Next year I need to control myself.

1 comment:

  1. DUDE, those brownie oreo's are killer. The mini mint brownies also look yummy.

    ReplyDelete