Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sew I can sew (part deux)

...and here be more pillowcases.

First - My momma

 Closeup


 Closeup

Mom is a music teacher, and for the last few years she has been teaching guitar to highschool age students at the alternative highschool. Once I saw the fabric, I knew that I had to use it for her. The other blue fabric...well every car she's ever bought is blue. Or white. Or blue and white. It's just perfect. And it's a little hard to see but the white strip is glittery. WHO DOESN'T LOVE GLITTER?!?!?

Next up - Dave

  Closeup



 Closeup
Dave loves lighthouses and of course, classic cars. The lighthouse fabric even has the lighthouse we saw this summer while on vacation, Split Rock Lighthouse in Minnesota. I had originally picked out a different car fabric for Dave and then my mom happened across the fabric shown above. It had the exact cars that Dave really likes, and how could I pass that up?

Next - Ashlee

 Closeup

 Closeup
 Ashlee likes the color blue, so that should explain the first pillowcase. The second pillowcase, something about the fabric reminded me of her. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it really does seem like Ashlee to me. Maybe because it is just bright and cheery looking.

Next - John (Ashlee's husband)


 Closeup

 Closeup

Admittedly I don't know too much about John, I've only met him a handful of times. Ashlee told me that he likes blue and green and black and chrome. His black and "chrome" (it's so hard to find chrome fabric) pillowcase is probably one of my favorites.

Two down...two to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment