Last entry! I swear! Well, until my brother opens his gifts then there will be a mini entry for his.
First up - Malisa
 |
| Closeup |
 |
| Closeup |
Besides my brother Paul and niece Emily, I didn't really know what Malisa liked. Thankfully Paul helped fill in the gaps. She loves dogs, ergo the bright and cheery puppy pillowcase. I lamented a while on the other pillowcase until I saw the teal and black zebra print. I knew it was totally for her because it reminded me of her. She had a shirt that looks very similar, so it was perfect.
Next - Emily
 |
| Closeup |
 |
| Closeup |
 |
| "Ring Around The Rosie" |
 |
| "Jack and Jill"/"Blackbirds Baked in a Pie" |
 |
| "Humpty Dumpty" |
I know Emily loves her puppy Zacky, books and her daddy. The puppy fabric I found is adorable and perfect for a little girl. The storybook fabric is so amazing. It has just about every classic storybook tale depicted on it and it's just so pretty. I hope as she gets older she will be able to pick them out because I know she has the same stories in her books.
I also realized that I hadn't made a blanket for Zacky, so I put together a little patriotic blanket for him and his bed. Every dog needs a blanket. Especially my nephew.
Those are all the gift ones...I also made some for myself.
 |
| Closeup |
 |
| Closeup |
 |
| Closeup |
 |
| Closeup |
I loved the pink fabric the minute I saw it. But it was the single most hardest fabric to match. I was almost afraid I wasn't going to be able to use it. Well, until I found a pattern close to it in white and red. It oddly worked. Argyle is another favorite of mine so how could I pass it up? I love dogs, of course, and there are a million and a half dog fabrics out there. And the space one, or as I like to call it "I fucking love outer space and shit". It's just so epic. And wonderful.
So that is my first shot into sewing. I've gotten better at sewing straight lines. There weren't too many mistakes made. I only sliced my finger once, while cutting Dave's lighthouse pillowcase. But once out of all of those isn't too bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment